Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

3.09.2013

SunFest 2013

       This year's lineup may not have as many "big names" as last years SunFest did, but I am still indescribably excited to, yet again, kick off my summer with five days of music (plus, SunFest is the cleanest and most organized music festival you can go to and always has the best artists for a great price).
       My only real complaint is that, this year, it seems that far too many great artists are overlapping each other's performances. Last year it was easy to leave Third Eye Blind early to see some of Joan Jett and The Blackhearts' performance and to rush from Passion Pit's show to Creed's (judge all you want, but my inner nine year old was fucking ecstatic to finally hear "Higher" and "One Last Breath" live) but, this year, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros will still be playing when The Smashing Pumpkins begin their set, Gary Clark Jr.'s performance will overlap with Yellowcard's on the same day that Ed Sheeran will be playing at nearly the same time as The Offspring (choosing between these two will be one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made), and I will be forced to choose between hearing "Surrender" and "I Want You To Want Me" (Cheap Trick) or "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Home" (Phillip Phillips). 
       Regardless of my personal problems with the scheduling conflicts, this year's SunFest lineup is amazing and, if you need a good way to start your summer, there's no better way to do it than with a five day concert on West Palm Beach's waterfront. The headlining acts include Train, The Smashing Pumpkins, Ed Sheeran, Life In Color, The Offspring, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros, Big Sean, Black Crowes, Cheap Trick, Phillip Phillips, Kendrick Lamar, Boz Scaggs, and Gavin DeGraw (and I would be lying if I said I wasn't really excited for Life In Color).
       Overall, I'm just excited to hear this song live, dance around to "Drive By", finally hear "Sometime Around Midnight" in its most amazing form (everything from The Airborne Toxic Event is hauntingly beautiful and their performance can't be missed), and to hear a little of this and a lot of this (I'm a little embarrassed by how excited I am to see Gavin DeGraw but, as I will be writing about him soon after his performance, it's probably best that you find out how lame I am now).
       Check out this year's lineup and get your tickets now (general admission doesn't sell out, but it is slightly cheaper now than it will be in another month) because this year's SunFest will be just as amazingly fun as the previous years' have been (plus [if you've been before], you know you're excited to see a man dressed in a full Captain Morgan costume sauntering around on hot asphalt again).
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment