Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

9.30.2013

Zero To Eleven

       I love bands who can throw some brass into their compositions and, if a song has me tapping my feet or nodding my head, it's going to be played on repeat. Julian Taylor Band's latest single seamlessly blends together a jazz pulse, rock chords, full vocals, and great lyrics to create a satisfyingly scrumptious single and, when the rest of that instrumentation takes a slight step back, leaving those vocals and horn to lead the way at the two minute mark, it's absolute perfection. 
       This single has me thoroughly convinced that indie-funk is ready to make its appearance into the mainstream and I can't wait to hear what these guys come out with next.
       Make sure to check out last year's "Never Gonna Give You Up" for a single so perfect that you'll forget Rick Astley ever held reign over that phrase.
"Zero To Eleven" Julian Taylor Band
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment