Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

6.05.2013

Sweater Weather

       I can never get enough of solid male vocals and that alternative rock format which never fails to impress me; this band, and all of their songs, is amazing, but this song in particular is perfection.
       With verses like "she knows what I think about, and what I think about, one love, two mouths, no shirt, no blouse, just us, you find out, nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no" and "and if I may just take your breath away, I don't mind if there's not much to say, sometimes the silence guides our minds, so move to a place so far away" and the ever repeating line, "it's too cold for you here and now, so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater", the lyrics themselves make this song far too great for me to not fall in love with. At 2:35 though, when the song slows down and takes a turn for the acoustic, it's absolutely gorgeous and reminds me of why I love music so so much.
       This song is beautiful and, though it brings to mind East coast weather in February, it does make a pretty perfect summer song as well.
       "Sweater Weather" The Neighbourhood
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment