Make sure to check out the new site at music-rag.com

11.03.2013

Plain Sailing Weather

       I am so very excited to see Frank Turner this week. More excited than I've been to see a band in a while, because my second favorite lyric line comes from "Recovery" ("and on the first night we met you said 'Well darling, let's make a deal, if anybody ever asks us, let's just tell them that we met in jail' and that's the story that I'm sticking to like a stony-faced accomplice") and all of his lyrics are just so very good.
       I patiently waited while he did his UK and Germany tours and my siblings told me how awesome he was during his overseas tours, and now I'm so very ready to see him live.
       Listen to "Plain Sailing Weather" because it's amazing. His compositions remain full in spite of their relative simplicity (meaning there's not much other than the basic guitar, bass, piano, and drums) and his lyrics rival those of The Airborne Toxic Event's with lines "I found the one damn person to help me fall asleep in the night ...and as long as this feeble heart is still beating, you will find me rushing through every room, switching on all the lights", "and I can almost find the words, but I can see the way you'd fold your hands, speak my name like a curse upon your pretty lips, the pressured white behind your fingertips" and "the problem with showing your lover your scars, is that everybody's lover is covered in scars".
       Look for tour dates near you on his website.
"Plain Sailing Weather" Frank Turner
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment