You guys get a second 'music related news/update' post this week, because there's just a lot of stuff going down and I'm pretty sure I'll forget to mention it if I wait until next Monday.
- The Wanted has stated that they will be breaking up at the end of their current tour and that they "will continue to exist, just not actively"; they're done. They did give us "Glad You Came" with just enough time for it to infect our radio stations right before spring break a few years back and "we've only just begun...until forever comes, you'll find us chasing the sun" from "Chasing the Sun" is kind of funny now (it's not funny if you're a fan of the band though.. I'm sorry for your loss).
- Justin Bieber was pulled over and admitted to having been drinking, smoking marijuana, and consuming prescription medication; he was also driving without a valid license and resisted arrest. Bieber's yellow Lamborghini was caught going 55-60 mph in a 30 mph (because nothing says 'under the radar' like blocking off a residential with SUVs then speeding in a yellow car at 4 AM [only slightly incongruous]) and the only thing this really shows is that police intervention is doing absolutely nothing because he's entitled and no amount of warnings will change the mind of someone so ignorant and self-important; the best thing that could happen to the Biebs is for him to fall into oblivion so that he's forced to realize that he is not special.
- 1D member Liam Payne had really bad timing the other day when he tweeted that he liked Duck Dynasty without thinking of the recent comments made by patriarch, Phil Robertson. Instead of explaining that his tweets were referencing the show and not the homophobic and sexist statements that have been made public as of late, he went on a Twitter rant that included the tweet "All those tweets are aimed at journalists and bloggers not fans". So, there was that; so, fuck you, too. Regardless, none of his tweets were infuriating other than one that stated "Can't wait for the call tomorrow where I get told of for cussing had to be said like I said before much worse has happened In the world" because periods are important and it seemed that he lost his train of thought at the end of the 'sentence' and OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING CURSING NOT FUCKING 'CUSS'. That is my biggest fucking pet peeve (use the word "curse"; "cuss" is an alteration of "curse" and it's informal and fucking stupid). Basically though, the 1D singer had poor timing when talking about a show he enjoyed and the only thing that should upset you is his poor word choice (see above) and the fact that he felt a Twitter rant was a good idea. Other than that, keep listening to whatever you want.
- Chuck Wicks released the single "Us Again" and it seems like he's trying to help the country genre get over its rut that it has been stuck in over the past year or so with a bit of a refreshing composition, though that dialogue still holds true to every break up song ever written.
- Miley Cyrus will be featured in her own MTV Unplugged special on January 29 and it's going to be great. Everyone wants to critique Cyrus but, in actuality, her voice is gorgeous and it's going to be great. It's easy to forget about her vocals and song-writing abilities when she's dressing in unflattering outfits and sticking her tongue out and doing ridiculous videos that seem like they were thought up by a fifteen year old, but her voice is great and she has actual talent. Any personal opinions of her 'recent conduct' aside, Cyrus knows exactly what she's doing and she is able to make people talk while still brushing it aside with a great performance or heartfelt single staggered in between her 'risque' decisions; it's kind of great and she's not going to be going anywhere, so just accept her music and set your DVR for January 29 (listen to this to hear how great her stripped down sessions can be [and then probably play it back again]).
- The video for B.o.B's "John Doe" was released and the intro leaves a bittersweet aftertaste when an interview ends on a bit of a harsh question; check out the video and love the song.
- Bad Suns' "Cardiac Arrest" is free on iTunes (US) this week and you're going to want to get it now because it's fantastic and it will be on your radio before long; learn the lyrics and the get the EP, Transpose, now. Plus, the line "high voltage when we kiss" is kind of really fantastic and all of the lyrics are just as great, yet easy for you to sing along with.
- Aer released Aer Tuesday and it's filled with their signature addictive melodies and dripping beats. There's something about the vocals that feels grounded and, while the vocals are not the 'best' per say, they are satisfying and the album is worth checking out (just grab a few of the tracks; check out "Says She Loves Me", "Spades, Clubs, & Diamonds", "Won't Laugh", and "Sincerely").
- Timeflies released their single "All the Way" and, while there's a lot going on during bits of the composition, it's also got an incredibly addictive melody and cute lyrics and every time the duo performs a stripped down version of their tracks, they have actual talent and that is always refreshing and makes their music so easy to listen to. Check out the new single below.